The learners are split into small groups led by LPW Teachers and dedicated Engagement Workers who act as first point of contact for parents or carers and work with the young person to track and monitor progress throughout the year. Additional support is given by our Emotional and Behavioural Specialist, who delivers one to one and group sessions to learners, ensuring continued engagement, attendance and attainment.
Those on the programme will take part in:
- Functional English/maths Qualifications
- Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE) /Wider Key Skills Qualifications
- Long-term work experience placements
- Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education programme including sessions delivered by Brook and Bristol Drug Project
Learning takes place in small groups to make sure young people are mentored at every step. Each young person is assigned a keyworker who works with them to develop their individual learning plan and ensure they reach their potential. Young people are given the unique opportunity to try out new things and also take part in long term work experience.
Teaching takes place at community venues which are as close to our students as possible.
- Leads to GCSE equivalent outcomes
- Aims to increase confidence, employability skills and motivation
- Focus on improving attendance
- Ensures a focus on progression to Post-16 courses and placements
- Includes the cost of travel to/from the centre (daily bus pass)
- Access to a range of Bristol Youth Links support and activities
- Access to support from Emotional and Behavioural Specialist
- Sexual Health and Drug awareness support
- Engagement with a range of sporting activities