Engaging children and young people
Where we work
We specialise in working with children and young people who are the very furthest from accessing opportunities. We target our support, providing help in areas where children and young people have the most acute needs or lack services that can assist them. We are not restricted by area or postcode so wherever a child or young person lives we will do our best to support them or put them in touch with some who can. To make a referral please click here. If you are a child or young person that needs help please, LOTTY our online, live confidential chat service is here to help.
What do sessions achieve
No one session is ever the same and each have schemes of work which ensure children and young people have the opportunity to:
- Speak to a trusted adult and talk through issues, concerns or problems
- Engage in positive, meaningful activities which support learning and development
- Be supported to access other specialist support/agencies if necessary
- Have a space they feel safe in to be a child or young person
- Design, create, influence and impact the session, LPW doesn’t control the session, the children/ young people which attend do, we facilitate and support them to be imaginative, to be children, and support them to make their decisions come alive.
At the end of each session children and young people help to plan activities that they want at the following one which helps ensure that
Linking our community work to schools
Through our community engagement we focus on building on children and young people’s interests, talents and aspirations both in school and outside so they have the opportunity to experience new things and learn new skills in a safe, supportive environment. This helps to improve their confidence, self-esteem and resilience giving them to tools they need to manage themselves as they transition into young adulthood.
For more information on our work with schools please click here